Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Questions for Your Social Security Disability Lawyer part 1

This is the first part of a multiple part series. So many people avoid talking to a Social Security disability lawyer because they are nervous. They could be nervous over the process, they might be confused with their rights and in other instances, there may be a concern over disability attorney fees. In the next few weeks the topic of how to choose a Social Security disability lawyer will be discussed. For now, here are a four questions you should ask:

  1. How many disability hearings has the lawyer conducted?
  2. I’m suffering from (insert your condition). Does your firm have experience with this type of medical impairment?
  3. I understand that the lawyer will often not be available. Will I have one individual assigned to my case that I can ask questions when necessary
  4. Will the lawyer be at my hearing?

Do you have experiences you would like to share? What questions do you believe a potential client should ask a Social Security disability lawyer? Email me, ssdi262@gmail.com


Learn more about Social Security Disability Lawyers